Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has been putting his players through their paces during the club’s warm-weather training camp in the United Arab Emirates. The Arsenal players travelled to the United Arab Emirates last week and will begin their return journey to London on Wednesday. Following a terrible January transfer season in which the Gunners lost 13 players and bought just three, Arsenal was left in disarray. Young Mazeed Ogungbo has been called up to train with the first team in UAE.
Two of those players will join the Gunners in the summer, while the third is a signing for the club’s academy. In addition, Arsenal struggled on the field in January, failing to win a single game throughout the month.
Arsenal still looks for a solution to their depleted-squad problems
Hopefully, the Gunners will emerge from their international break rejuvenated. They need to be ready to resume their winning ways in the Premier League. Arteta has also had the opportunity to keep an eye on some of Arsenal’s most promising young players. On Tuesday, Hale End defender Mazeed Ogungbo was seen at the club’s training ground.
The 19-year-old has progressed through the ranks at Hale End and was promoted to the Under-23s last summer after impressing. Ogungbo also signed his first professional deal with Arsenal in August of last year. He is normally a left-back, but he has also shown that he can play at centre-back as well.
Ogungbo is a ‘no-nonsense’ defender. He ‘enjoys pressing forward and sending dangerous crosses’, as stated by Jeorge Bird. According to Transfermarkt, the teenager has made 48 appearances for Arsenal’s U18s and 26 appearances for the U23s so far.
It is possible that Arteta would give Ogungbo some playing time this season, considering he has yet to make his senior Arsenal debut. Mazeed Ogungbo began his professional football career with the Arsenal football club, where he has been since the 2017/2018 season. His monthly salary with the club is £145.
His transfermarkt stats show that he has played in 39 matches for the squad, has one assist, and has scored four goals in total for the club. He has also made it into Arsenal’s U-23 squad on two occasions.
Facts about Mazeed Ogungbo:
- Mazeed Ogungbo was born on October 20, 2002, in the United Kingdom, and is 18 years old.
- He stands at 6 feet and 1 inch, which is a respectable height.
- He is not in a relationship with anybody and does not have a girlfriend at the time.
- Even though he is of Irish-British descent, he has dual nationality with both Nigeria and the Republic of Ireland.
- Mazeed Ogungbo made his professional football debut with Arsenal, where he is now a player.
- He is a left-foot defender.
- In all, Ogungbo has featured in 39 matches for Arsenal, contributing one assist and scoring four goals in the process, according to Transfer Market statistics.
- Mazeed Ogungbo earns £145 a week as a professional footballer for the club.
- He also represents the Republic of Ireland at the international level.
- Mazeed Ogungbo is a popular Instagram user, having over 2.4k followers on the social media network.